What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon USB drives read only???

nbachert

Well Known Member
Tried updating my charts from Seattle avionics yesterday and today and now both of my USB drives say they can't be repaired or uploaded to because they are read only. Anyone experience this or know how to fix it. Thanks for your help.

Tried updating my charts from Seattle avionics yesterday and today and now both of my USB drives say they can't be repaired or uploaded to because they are read only. Anyone experience this or know how to fix it. Thanks for your help.

Yep. I had one a year or so ago that suddenly got write-protected, and I never could figure out how to unprotect it. Given the sh*tty program that SA has, I wouldn't put it past believing that that's what caused it.

I gave up and just bought a couple of new ones.

If it?s Windows that you?re using, try going to the File Explorer, and right clicking the usb drive and choose properties. See if that screen shows it as read only, and if so, can you uncheck it?

If Mac, right click and choose Get Info, and see if it shows as read only, and if you can change the attribute to be writable again.

A common way this happens to a drive is a virus. Run a virus scan on the drive then reformat.

Back