What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mc Kenzie Bridge Airport (00S)

I fly into 00S pretty regularly. Usually in the Bearhawk, but have had the RV4 in there a few times.

Two folks in a C172 crashed, burned and passes in the last few days there. Do not know the details.

00S

Thanks to everyone who responded. I opted out of landing there and ended up landing in Eugene. We walked the airstrip while we were there and it did not seem suitable for an RV.

Thanks to everyone who responded. I opted out of landing there and ended up landing in Eugene. We walked the airstrip while we were there and it did not seem suitable for an RV.

This here is very useful info that should be preserved. RV pilots walked the strip and recommend it is not suitable.

Fatal Accident @ McKenzie Bridge Airport

I just learned there was a fatal accident last Friday/Saturday at McKenzie Bridge. As I'm told, a newly minted PPL took a friend in a 172 to McKenzie at around 19:30 or so and augured it in trying to depart.

Most familiar with that airport think its okay for tail-draggers with sufficient wingspan / power to get off the ground quickly. Also, take-offs to the east are NOT recommended due to trees and hills.

Not for the delicate

Ironic. I was there, a week before the accident. Passing through to mountain bike the McKenzie trail. Checked out the strip for bringing up the wife in the future. Thought it would be too rough for a standard rental 172 (fairings, small wheels).

Those trees also give pause. Thought a big wheel 172 or STOL, low density, would be okay. I would pass on an RV. Go to Sisters, instead.

Back