What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV12 Colorado Gathering idea

funflying

Well Known Member
I would like to invite any flying RV12?s in the Longmont, CO area to fly-in to KLMO, Longmont/Vance Brand airport, from 9am to Noon, on Saturday May 18th. Also, anyone building an RV12, interested in learning more about these 12?s, or just looking for an excuse to go to the airport should come on out.

Elite Aviation will have ethanol-free 91 octane gas available (only airport in the area with this gas), and the Flight Deck Grill will be open providing breakfast or lunch at great prices. Longmont airport has an active skydiving club so avoid over-flight when skydiving is in progress.

If you fly-in park on the East end of the ramp. If you drive-in follow the signs to the Flight Deck Grill.
Please let me know if you might attend, flying or driving, and how many might be coming.
My email is [email protected] or call 303-435-4098.

I would like to invite any flying RV12?s in the Longmont, CO area to fly-in to KLMO, Longmont/Vance Brand airport, from 9am to Noon, on Saturday May 18th. Also, anyone building an RV12, interested in learning more about these 12?s, or just looking for an excuse to go to the airport should come on out.

Elite Aviation will have ethanol-free 91 octane gas available (only airport in the area with this gas), and the Flight Deck Grill will be open providing breakfast or lunch at great prices. Longmont airport has an active skydiving club so avoid over-flight when skydiving is in progress.

If you fly-in park on the East end of the ramp. If you drive-in follow the signs to the Flight Deck Grill.
Please let me know if you might attend, flying or driving, and how many might be coming.
My email is [email protected] or call 303-435-4098.

My Colorado home is under the traffic pattern there, but unfortunately I'll still be in NC until May 30. My wife said she'd swing by the airport and take a few pics just to taunt me.

FYI

Well not so good for a first try at trying to get the area RV12s together. The weather was not good I didn?t hear from anyone considering attending until the night before. And this guy, Art, was in the Longmont area visiting family here from Pennsylvania.

Art was the only person to show up and I advertised here, Social flight, Colorado Pilots Assoc, and on the Flight Deck Grills Facebook site. Maybe if I try again I will wait till late summer or early fall? :D

Back