What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

IFLY

6 Gun

Well Known Member
Had a real good experience today my Ifly GPS had a power surge and was toast and out of warranty. Sent it in and not repairable and they really took care of me above and beyond what was needed.Great company to buy from thank you Ifly now I have a replacement 720 GPS.
Bob

Cannot beat --

The units, the multi-platform software, the customer support, or the continual improvement of the product in response to customer input.

The units, the multi-platform software, the customer support, or the continual improvement of the product in response to customer input.

I agree, they replaced my ifly740 when it was discovered with a bad internal battery. Sent a new one before I returned the bad one.

I just added the app and subscription to my Samsung phone as a backup for my 720. (I think it was just $20 to add the phone for a year.) Works well on the phone and updates fast. It's easier to flight plan on the phone since you don't need to be connected to power, as with the 720, and nexrad seems to update automatically.

Wind direction and speed are now shown in the profile view of the flight plan which is also very nice. The depictions of airmets and sigmets are also helpful.

Tuesday I flew a bunch of approaches with my instructor. He said, "You don't have any excuse for ever getting lost in this plane." I had to agree.

John

Last edited:
Your post title got my attention. Thought someone had removed my license plate. :)

The people at IFLY with their GPS's are always helpful in my experience. I really like the readability of my i740 in the RV-8.

Back