What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

looking for CNC machinist help

scsmith

Well Known Member
Some time ago, I remember seeing someone post that they were available to do CNC machining jobs for anyone interested in the RV community. I kinda even remember it was someone in the Northwest.

So, I have a bunch of parts to be cut out, and the quantities and simple shape probably make it a good choice to do it by CNC. They are essentially aluminum angle brackets, cut from U-channel (because U-channel was the shape material that most closely matched the net thicknesses and size.). I will supply the material. there are some precision counter-bore pockets to be cut in the faces, but mostly it is just cutting out the outer profiles and some holes. I can even imagine using CNC to cut one face of each part into the web of the U-channel, then parting out the individual parts by straight cuts through the flange. (that will make more sense when you see the drawings)

There are eight each of 12 different parts. I can supply drawings for review for anyone that might be interested in giving me a quote for the work.

Thanks

Last edited:
still looking for someone with CNC mill

So far, I've struck out. I'm looking for someone near the west coast, with a small CNC mill, willing to do some work on RV-related small parts.
It doesn't really need to be someone in the west, but it would be helpful to get together to talk through the set-up and operation sequence.
The tolerance requirements here are very loose. I want to avoid expensive and/or time-consuming fixturing or tooling. I have ideas on how to do this fast, albeit not super accurate.

But hey, the alternative is a hack saw and disc sander.

Anyone?

Back