What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

430 connectors?

Tbone

Well Known Member
I have a garmin 430 and have been looking for a tray and backplate. Well, I have found the backplate but it hasn't any connectors. It, of course, has the antenna connectors. Are the connectors just standard D sub? Anything special other than high density? Anyone have a tray? Connectors?

GNS 430 Tray

I am pretty sure that I have a tray. If I do, I could ship it to you, assuming you are in one of the 48 continental states, for $40.00 total. If you are interested, let me know and I will dig it out. It is used but in good condition. Happy to send you a picture if you like.
I think that is a very good price but if not let me know.

Best regards,
Chuck

Garmin has made 430 and 530 (and W) connectors, backplates, trays and backshells almost impossible to obtain ever since the advent of the competition of slide-in replacements like the IFD 540. Seems they didn't like providing the mounting hardware for the competition. It also was an opportunity to nudge potential customers toward the newer GTN navigators. Once again the Olathe bean counters win to the detriment of existing Garmin customers.

So if you have connectors and trays (and configuration modules) for the GNS 430/530 series hang on to them. They have become rare and valuable.

Or so it was explained to me by a Garmin representative at Garmin class at the AEA in Lees Summit.

Jim

The Comm is a standard D-sub (25), but the main and nav connectors are mini D-subs. The dense configuration they use for the main is hard to find. You'll also need the U shaped hold down parts that go behind the connector. The shell is not required.

Good luck,

Larry

Back