What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Double Adel Clamp

jswareiv

Well Known Member
Does anyone know where to get these clamps, it's the double one on cylinder 4? The builder in this picture got them from Sacramento Sky Ranch, but they are no longer in business. I Googled them, but couldn't find them. Thanks.

2znopbk.jpg

The ones in the OP are just normal Adel clamps. The one shown in the reply has a plastic, not rubber, insert, and are usually included with a new engine purchase. I prefer the normal rubber-protected clamps. Those should be available at Van's or any other aviation supply source.

Clamps

The ones in the OP are just normal Adel clamps.

From the post on the builder's site, these are two wire silicone clamps that he got from Sky Ranch, not the normal round ones. You can tell there is a difference in the two clamps. Picky, I know.

a little fabrication???

I think I've see another homebuilder fab things like this; use an oversize clamp......remove the rubber, put 2 bolts in a vise, squoosh the adel around them, re-install rubber....presto! .....custom 2-wire adel clamp!
( sorry for all the technical jargon!) :)

I think I've see another homebuilder fab things like this; use an oversize clamp......remove the rubber, put 2 bolts in a vise, squoosh the adel around them, re-install rubber....presto! .....custom 2-wire adel clamp!
( sorry for all the technical jargon!) :)

Plus, one more step added -

Enlarge mounting hole to clear a 1/4 screw...:)

Back