What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Roll bar question, tip up RV-7

Lancer83

I have my roll built and ready to install. The dimension of the of the amount of angle to lean the bar aft is 2 7/8". This is shown on the side view of drawing 40. I used a level to find vertical from the front edge of F705. Then I measured to the front side of the top of the roll bar. With the lean angle set, F732A is too short. It just barely reaches to sit on top of F732D bracket. What have I done?

Mike

Mike, sometimes you just have to call Vans and get direct advice.

The first thing I would do is measure the length of the F732A. Then ask Vans if the one you got in your kit is too short. They do make mistakes occasionally. If the part is wrong, they'll ship you a new one.

If the bottom of your roll bar is aligned with the front of the side skin "arms" and the F732A is the right length, I would just push it into place. It has to be right. But I'd ask Vans to be sure. Good luck. You'll get it figured out. :)

picture = 1000 words hopefully

I havent tried to measure the angle, i just matched the angle with the "ears" so the roll was flush, 732a sat perfectly flush with rear of the rollover. Mine is about 1/64 gap evenly all around to make the rollbar angle match the ear angle.

Id do what Bruce said, and make sure you dont have a dodgy peice from vans.

If the roll bar dimensions are correct as per plans and you line it up with the sideskin ears as in picture. Everthing should be apples.

http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s470/Vansrv7arob/Mobile Uploads/DSC_0003_15.jpg

Back