What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Quad Hornet engine heater?

Cervelott

Any one have one of these? Care to comment on how it fits and how well it warms up the engine?

Wondered if there was any problem fitting the 9x4x2.5" unit in the nacelle and back towards the cylinders. Don't have access to my aircraft right now and wanted to know if the Quad fits or would I be better off with just the Twin Hornet (mighty cold out here so think the Quad is the better unit for me heat-wise).
Many thanks!

I think the size will fit depending on how far you have to shove it in. And can you direct the heat out the bottom instead of the top up against the cowl!?

I have a 4" round duct tube that I fit into the bottom of the cowl between the exhaust pipes. It probably wouldn't handle anything bigger. I think the inlets are large enough as well but never tried. Sorry. It seems like no matter what the temperature is, you can only concentrate so much heat in a certain spot at a time. Down over the cylinders might be less likely to cook something but I have no experience with that.

Hi Andy, thanks for the reply.

The Quad Hornet is designed to go into the nacelle and rest on the cylinders of the engine.

Anyone out there that can tell me if I can get a 4" wide unit (2.5" high by 9" long) in through the nacelle back to the cylinder area? Wanted to order one but do not have access to the aircraft to measure it up.

Many thanks all!

Back