What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Beringer ALIR review

Eztroller

Well Known Member
I am currently building the RV14 and have purchased the Wheels/Brakes from Beringer (Fuselage/Finishing kit with co-pilot brakes), but opted to not purchase the ALIR anti-skid regulator. Was hoping for a review from any of you who have spent the extra $400 for this item-worth it?

Yes, I installed it.
First for safety : the aircraft stays in line when braking, you can set the brake power. And I paid this option $170 in 2016.

When I ordered my Beringer brakes/wheels kit I wasn't really aware of this option or the parking brake option. I won't try to make any changes prior to flying but wondering how hard it would be to add later - say first annual or so, and like the OP interested in opinions as to value.

When I ordered my Beringer brakes/wheels kit I wasn't really aware of this option or the parking brake option. I won't try to make any changes prior to flying but wondering how hard it would be to add later - say first annual or so, and like the OP interested in opinions as to value.

Turner,

Here is a picture of the Beringer Cabin package with both a parking brake and anti skid valve installed.

wp3073c05c_06.png

I know you have a 14A......this is pictures of a 14. I'll have picture of 14A installations in about 2 months.

In short...it should be a fairly simple retrofit. If you want to utilize our hoses, we would break out the kit to give you only what you needed. The ALIR valve and PB valve come with mounting brackets which makes it easy. If your pedals are the furthest forward position (which is not what most people are doing), it requires a bit of a change on the ALIR valve bracket. Otherwise, everything should go into place easily.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Tom or I.

Sounds like you are getting close! Congrats!
Steve

Turner,

Here is a picture of the Beringer Cabin package with both a parking brake and anti skid valve installed.

wp3073c05c_06.png

I know you have a 14A......this is pictures of a 14. I'll have picture of 14A installations in about 2 months.

In short...it should be a fairly simple retrofit. If you want to utilize our hoses, we would break out the kit to give you only what you needed. The ALIR valve and PB valve come with mounting brackets which makes it easy. If your pedals are the furthest forward position (which is not what most people are doing), it requires a bit of a change on the ALIR valve bracket. Otherwise, everything should go into place easily.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Tom or I.

Sounds like you are getting close! Congrats!
Steve

Thanks Steve - I'll probably look into this once flying!

Back