VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 06-28-2013, 12:47 PM

Default RV-7A Crash Near San Antonio, TX

74-year-old Peter Dankelman was killed yesterday while on approach to a small Grass strip (1TE4) just East of San Antonio, TX at around 9 PM. I did not know Peter or if he was the builder but I live just south of SA and it hits very close to home as I am also building an RV-7A. There is no preliminary NTSB report and no details regarding the crash. Prayers and condolences for Peterís family.

The news report:
http://www.ksat.com/news/pilot-kille...z/-/index.html
The usual request; no speculation.

RV-7A - empennage done minus glass
wings nearing completion
Old 06-28-2013, 09:32 PM

Default RV7A crash

Peter was a real nice guy. He did build a 7A and I assume that was the same 7A he crashed in but don't know for sure. I was in San Antonio yesterday and saw just about the last five seconds of the news story, had no idea at the time that it was Peter.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:21 AM

Default RV-7A

Oh my, I'm so sorry to hear this. I hate to hear of any RVer crashing; but like Randle, this is really close to home. ...my sincere condolences to his friends & family. I regret to say I didn't know him; but I'm deeply saddened none the less.