What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

High Oil Pressure, Dynon Gauge Max'd

RV12Roger

Pulled back the throttle to idle to land and got an oil pressure audio warning and the pressure maxed high. Moved the throttle and it varied slightly but still high.

Thinking if a broken wire, moving throttle would not have made any difference.
Plan on replacing the sender.

I have the Bendix/Rotax sender. Rotax wants $400.00. A Rotax distributor has a 10-04057 FALCON OPS-100 OIL PRESS TRANS for $90.00. Says have sold approx 50 senders with no problems. Have ordered one.

QUESTION:
1-Does anyone have any experience with the Falcon?
2-I plan on rather than rewiring, I'm going to install 1/4" Spade Connectors at the sender for ease of replacement in the future. I understand there is a history of failure.
3-Will the Falcon require a different setting in the Dynon?
4-88 hours on my engine. Anyone with a successful warranty claim re this failure?
5-Anyone moved their oil sender to firewall to minimize possible failure from vibration?

Your thoughts and experience please.

Update to above post.

OK, OK, so I searched with better terms and got a lot of good info re this problem.

BUT

Any info on the Falcon Sender?

Sorry, I don't have anything for you on Questions 1 - 4, but for #5 moving the sender to the firewall is pretty common. I purchased a kit to do this from Lockwood and installed it after I started flying.

There should be several posts about moving the sender to the firewall or in the modifications after ELSA certification at the top of the RV12 page.

I think my Honeywell oil pressure sensor is failing. I've seen replacement sensors at both California Power Systems and Lockwood but I would like to know what others are using. Also, I have a Dynon D180. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Rick.

Last edited:
Back