What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

iPads and RV8?s

APACHE 56

Well Known Member
Periodically someone asks about RV and iPad utility, integration and compatibility. Here?s my approach to integrating either the full size (iPad) or the Mini in my RV8. First issue was where/how to mount it.

I just fab?d a .032 al piece over the roll bar gusset (yes I know it is not officially a roll bar but it?s way more cooler to say it is and non-RVer?s are really impressed). That forms the base for the RAM suction cup mount. I left the mount attached for over a week then did 3.5g maneuvers with the iPad in the mount and the suction cups hold.

I downsized to the mini because I use the iPad for approach plates and it is plenty big enough for that. Actually it is plenty big for any of the other features for that matter.

The RAM is friction/ball kind of mount that can be adjusted to any position in the mounting area. I've had no issues with readability.

13yovpe.jpg

ao243o.jpg

2eda71c.jpg

351sdcl.jpg

ipad mount

Hi Don, are you still happy with this method of mounting? Thanks.

This is my setup; clear of the panel and I can still get to the jacks on the right console. I reinforced the cover plate with angle and a doubler plate.
Hoping it will be rigid enough.
Mxr_hkeunJMrpr6eM1XrZksh1TU7g8h9uFGAVwkdBj3MUx3eolngDI1BxTNPGoJtUhYew02TEkOM1LayNJWDiIjWOa_MQJp96XxAUfnLqDmu0nKrFEiZxFVLdkpy16WYpYDLZra2GU5tbDYeqeGjHhGeB76Jr4xl2AsuGprzXVoXRNGKcT_-szCl-Ip2QpuNIvdhkK-6bnXc652drVASYnGeOMLKc4i-GjgF0bnilnYs-jYTZyBn7xSW_aOPMUy-Pm4m7mBPW14JrA7Oimu2epHmJ_VAimfBSWooX_kHveaTI_ImZ1ab-eaeg7HxmVkCMiS1PIRvAT-dGkqw7ZQ6RERUNPWELNUOgIcP3-eohiW0xYIdSav_qFqbHVodkOREdcm6u0nMQ5vGlyV4oWKHCfbM4nSRZvSqjNRfuXAXBWV3NEuMwXc_S21fw9P6_EFLGPtdMSIM75dfU0LcicRW6aiOIlyVidvSulV3lufKeTEPvv3DJdFx-wCM5xOxav5kpGNLChkuLq8NPhQyQFPbwmdq_qrctbfpD3VOFV7AN-akNziZ7cqzJld8cAmeLrVmLkIi5cwuK5c6iRQmv1hdDb2Q_ViaMNaWcoloGoYnL2TnMhjVq2GASQhtBSjc4jnwXio8xQ4F3MXPU63PCCcQPlOOMkO-K3o=w648-h432-no

Last edited:
Back