What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flap link exit location?

rightrudder

Well Known Member
Where exactly do the links exit the fuselage? On the QB fuse outer skin, there's a small oval cut-out on the side skin that may indicate this, but I'm not sure. Should the holes be straight down, or angled back slightly? And should they be limited to the horizontal floor or cut into the corner of the fuselage slightly?

I'm sure I'll have to adjust a bit once the wings and flaps are on, but I want to get close for now.

On a side note, I hate when hardware is missing! Van's is usually pretty good about including all the little bits, but no sign of a floating plate-nut for an AN-3 bolt (for the center pivot block on the weldment). At least they're cheap, and Aircraft Spruce is close!!

Put this off until you have the flaps on. The first cut is to clear the ball joint. You dont know where that is at the moment.

Yes, wait until you have the wings and flaps on the fuselage, then it is just an iterative process of trimming the hole big enough so that nothing rubs when they go full up and full down.
My holes look something like this.
IMG_0250-M.jpg

Back