What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Firewall Forward Instructions

dweyant

Well Known Member
I didn't buy the Vans Firewall Forward kit, I've been buying the parts piece mill as I need them.

Does anyone know where I can get the instructions for the firewall forward parts? I.e. I was looking at a builder site today and it talked about mounting the transducer bracket. I have the bracket but no instructions on mounting location.

Thanks,

-Dan

I'm not sure if you can order the instructions themselves online, but all the FWF plans can be ordered from Vans online, and they may also be on the plans CD they are selling now. If you search their catalog for "OP-" you will see all the drawings available, and can select the ones you need. For my carb'ed, FP, O-320 setup I am using mostly OP-26,27,28, and 29. These indicate all the firewall locations for stock setups.

As for the instructions, if you send me your email address I will scan and send them to you; there are only 3 pages of text and its really just a checklist for the most part.

Chris

Definitely buy the OP drawings for FWF. It is a good starting point, but if you go non-standard Van's on anything, then you are on your own. The OP drawings are on the CD. I can email you any of these you need.

pkg

I think the whole set for FWF is:

"DOC FWF COMPLETE"

As someone else said, if you deviate from Van's standard, you'r on your own...I.e. use an IO-320 with vert induction and Van's placement of mixture penetration through firewall will not work. Same for fuel line. I bought the whole FWF kit and used the plans for ref more than fact.

Good luck!

Back