What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

996C placement

Av8torTom

Well Known Member
Sorry for all the questions, but the plans and drawings on this are pretty thin. I need to verify placement of the 996C reinforcement angle. Also, in order to cleco it into that bottom hole, I needed to shorten the piece 1/16 or so. Does this look/sound right?

Are you sure it is in the right location? Looking at mine as well as the drawings, I believe you are trying to locate it too far forward, which may be why it seems to need shortening. Check the skin rivet callout drawing for a better idea of location, or take a look at mine
img_20140312_164143.jpg

I drew a line down the center outside edge of this piece, and trimmed it so it fit snugly with the line centered in the holes of the skin from the outside.

Chris

Not quite correct, you need 4 holes to the left looking at your photo. Count the number of holes on the drawing.

Dwg 28 is the skin rivet callout; take a look at the location of the part in relation to the bulkhead in front of it. Hopefully that will help make some sense of it.

Chris

Back