What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New RV Jack pad adapters!

Walt

Well Known Member
I posted this in an older "wing jack warning" thread but thought it may get lost there, I think this is something the community has been looking for and warranted a new trread.

Richard from Bogert Aviation (maker of the tow bars most of us use) and I have been collaborating on this project and I think we (Richard really) have come up with the ultimate jack pad adapter for the RV. They consist of 2 mating pieces, one for the wing and the other for jack. The best feature is the nice deep swivel balls so there will be no chance of the aircraft slipping off the jack pad.

I think it's a winner!

The adapter will fit up to a 1.25 inch ram and has two set screws to hold it to the ram. The jack pad is 2 inches in diameter and is nicely padded so that it can pick up some of the load against the spar (if your tiedown goes all the way to the skin) but even if it doesn't its still a great feature. The stud is 3/8-16 grade 8 thread. They made the stud long so that you could trim it to the correct length depending on how deeply you tapped your tie downs.

IMG_1445a.jpg

Jack-pad-for-RV-007a.jpg

Jack-pad-for-RV-011a.jpg

If you're interested in purchasing a pair contact Richard at Bogert Aviation.
[email protected]

Last edited:
Here's a link to their website: Bogert Aviation

I'm sure they are not listed yet as we just finished these final prototypes, I'm sure a call or email will get you some info on cost and how soon he will have them available.

Some additional info just in...

The jack pad part number for 1 ea. is 30M-RV which includes the yellow jack pad and the adapter. The price is $86. A pair is double that.
It is not listed on the web site yet so people should call to place an order. They can talk to any sales representative. Everyone is up to speed on this. 509-736-1513. We can ship in a day or two. We will have it on the web site within a week.

Is there a specific model of jacks they already sell that would be a good and cost effective option for the RV series vs the Harbor Freight version??

Bogert Aviation Jacks

Bogert Aviation does not manufacture wing jacks. They do manufacture jack accessories and specialty jacks, tools and lots of tow bars. As you can see, they make many types of jack pads and adapters for lifting a wide range of aircraft.

Jack Pad Adapters

Although this is an older thread, I thought I would reply with some current information.

Bought an adapter just a few weeks ago. Used it for the first time this past weekend to lift an RV-9A for the annual inspection.

The thing works great and I would highly recommend it. Just screw the adaper into the tie down ring hole and install the jack adaper onto your favorite jack.

Keith
N355RV
RV9-A

jack pads

I already have aircraft jacks with a concave cap that I use on a Piper Cherokee. Will the bogart pad that screws into my RV-7A's tie down hole fit into my existing jack cap? Seems like it. If so, can I buy two pads, without the caps? It doesn't appear so on Bogart website.

I see Bogart also sells two pads for the Cirrus that appear to have the same threaded stud. Could I use two of those on my RV with my existing jacks?

thanks

PS, I know I can email Bogart, but I'm thinking others may read this thread with similar question. thanks

it is possible to add a loose pin to ensure the retention in the ball while allowing full rotation but will never slip out. I've rocked these all the way.

IMG_20180219_190321_zpsksbxhmj1.jpg

IMG_20180219_190347_zpsdvzmcwbs.jpg

The Jack House jacks I have have came with the dished out adaptor. The adaptor is also shielded around the edge of the dish. I ground the heads down on #8 bolts to match. It would be physically impossible for them to ?slip? out of the adaptor. The jacks would have to topple over, but I think they would slide on the floor before that happened.
I have rocked this set up pretty hard in testing. 500# or so on each jack, they ain?t goin? nowhere?s.

Where the few folks have gotten in trouble is loading the bolt with side load. The one I am aware of used cheap bolts and didn?t raise the tail. The bolt failed due to side load.

I like this product but haven?t compared the price of these adaptors with that of a quality jack with the socket adapter, some grade 5 or 8 bolts, and a few minutes on the grinder.

My jacks have been in service for over twelve years and are the most widely borrowed item on our field.

Back