What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lycoming Fuel Pump Old to New

WingsOnWheels

Well Known Member
The fuel pump on my O-360-A1A is in need of overhaul/replacement (leaking oil out of the vent). I have the older AC pump. Has anyone changed to the newer pump. All the vendors reference Lycoming SI 1110C for information, but all my google searches and searches on the Lycoming site come up blank (except for a list of SIs).

I can get an overhauled older style pump, but it is $250 more. If there are no issues with going to the new pump, I'd just assume do that. I don't see any clearance issues with the taller pump, but since the pump arm is different, I don't want to risk it without more information.

Thanks,

That SI explains how to modify a rear mounted carb so that the new slightly larger fuel pump will fit. If you don't have a rear mounted crab it wouldn't apply to you. The pump is slightly bigger that the one you have. It's installation should pose no issues, unless you have a cooling shroud over your existing pump. If you do you may have to rework the mounting holes and the fitting holes slightly for it to fit the new pump. The only other issue may be your fittings. If you have a really old style pump you could have pipe thread fittings in you existing pump. If you do, you will need to get bulkhead o-ring type fittings for the new pump of get adapters to screw the existing fittings into and then mount both to the new pump with an o-ring.
Good Luck,
Mahlon

Just to follow-up. The new pump fit just fine. I didn't have to move or modify anything. The hardest part of the install was getting the safety wire on...

Back