- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 12-06-2019, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 Builder View Post
Thanks for the response Chris. I now have a better idea of what you have. What I need to know is if the space under the seat cushion is filled to the top of the ramp or is there ramp still showing with just the wedge in place? I probably shouldn't have cut the foam before I had all the info I needed but I'm sure it can be adjusted.

Rich
Rich:

I had a chance to be at the airport yesterday and took a few more photos that I hope will answer your questions.

The Flightline seat bottom is shaped as shown in the first photo.

It is a two-piece construction with the bottom booster velcroed to the upper seat cushion.

Photo three shows the standard bottom wedge is about 2 inches high. You may need to add more. I’ve asked Abby to send me an additional booster of about 1 ½ inch. I like to sit a bit higher. My height is 5’ 9” with heels and the 2 inch wedge is okay but I’d feel better with a little more height.

As an alternative, since you are making your own seat, the photo below shows my orginal RV-8 seat bottom that was made by Becky Orndorff (no longer in the business of doing this). In that case it was custom built to my height and the result is about a 3 ½ inch height for the wedge at the seat bottom. (see photo 5).

I hope this helps with your project.

Chris

P.S. In case you are curious, The Eastern Air Lines seal on the back wall is because my father, may he rest in peace, flew for the Great Silver Fleet for 33 years. Fond memories of the glory days of commercial aviation.
Lycoming O-360-A1A, Hartzell CS
52F (Northwest Regional, Aero Valley, Whatever, TX)

Last edited by chrispratt : 12-06-2019 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Word change
Old 12-07-2019, 02:57 PM

Default Bottom wedge

Thanks for the excellent pictures. That explains just what I wanted to know. I really appreciate your time and effort.

Rich
Garmin G3X Touch, VFR
Fixed Catto 3 blade