What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GTR-200 Audio Panel Help

climberrn

Well Known Member
I have 2 GTR-200?s in my RV with an audio panel and am very happy with the performance.

My question is about the audio panel performance for my next build. Sorry, it?s not an RV🙄. I have been in a few friends planes that have the GTR and use the built in audio panel. When any transmissions come in, the intercom between the two of you completely cuts out. VERY difficult to have a conversation in busy airspace. Was coming into a towered airport and was trying to discuss the arrival. Ended up yelling to each other since there was constant radio traffic. I have looked in the manual and could not find any settings to change that.

Would like to install just the radio, but will put a dedicated audio panel in if this can?t be changed.

Pages 9 and 10 of the owners manual (available on-line) tell you how to turn the various muting options off.

I have 2 GTR-200?s in my RV with an audio panel and am very happy with the performance.

My question is about the audio panel performance for my next build. Sorry, it?s not an RV🙄. I have been in a few friends planes that have the GTR and use the built in audio panel. When any transmissions come in, the intercom between the two of you completely cuts out. VERY difficult to have a conversation in busy airspace. Was coming into a towered airport and was trying to discuss the arrival. Ended up yelling to each other since there was constant radio traffic. I have looked in the manual and could not find any settings to change that.

Would like to install just the radio, but will put a dedicated audio panel in if this can?t be changed.
Hello Joel,

The "COM MUTE ICS ON/OFF" configuration is explained on page 14 of the current GTR 200 Pilot Guide.

This defaults to off (so the intercom is not muted when receiving on the radio), so someone must have turned it on for the radio you were using.

Thanks,
Steve

Back