What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Interior Painting

Curtisairfamily

I'm New Here
Any tips on painting your interior? We just got our project. Floorboards are ready to install but I think we will paint them first and route any wires under them. We are going to remove the rudder pedals to do a real nice job painting around them.

Just me

I just finish up doing my interior paint on my 9a prior to forward fuse final riveting. I used the sherwin williams jet flex (solvent based) and it went very well; that paint is very forgiving. I was very nervous, but after a lot of searching here i just followed the sw instructions and it worked out well. I did not use a paint booth or any fancy air compressor set up.

Last edited:
I did all my fuse interior painting prior to riveting; I didn't want to be blowing paint in an assembled fuse, with all the other expensive bits around.

I used S.W. JetFlex WR (water based polyurethane) The stuff is as thick as molasses in the winter (even when thinned 20%), but goes on very easily with a 1.8 mm tip @ 20 PSI at the gun. I really like this stuff; super tough. I used Stewart Systems water based primer under, and am very happy with the results.

Tho, if you want to go this route, buy a gallon in your color of choice. I went by quarts and found one batch to be a noticeably different tone than the others ... girrrr. I probably used 2.5 qts total (about 1/4 of that was left in the gun/hopper on cleanup because the stuff was so thick)

Last edited:
SW Jetflex

I used Jet Flex Solvent based. Sprayed everything that would show before assembly sp the rivet and screw heads would show. Looks awesome.

Back