What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SDS and MAP sensor

jcaplins

Well Known Member
Is there a way change what MAP sensor the SDS system is setup for?

I believe I have a 2 bar sensor. It is reading 2" hg to high and is pretty much 2" too high through the full range compared with another sensor I have connected to the GRT EIS. So I want to replace it.

I'm not running any boost so I think a 1 bar would be the best fit. When I plug in the 1 bar sensor the SDS reads ~60"hg... so any way to correct this with the push of a few buttons?

Thanks,

If you have an EM-4 or EM-5 ECU you can go into setup mode and select a 1 Bar sensor. You'll have to change the connector also as they have different tabs inside. You can also choose to load values from RAM as there are different scales for each sensor. Drop me an email at the address on the SDS web page and I'll email the file on how to do this on Sunday.

Later EM-5 software has a re-scaled values set also.

If you have an EM-4 or EM-5 ECU you can go into setup mode and select a 1 Bar sensor. You'll have to change the connector also as they have different tabs inside. You can also choose to load values from RAM as there are different scales for each sensor. Drop me an email at the address on the SDS web page and I'll email the file on how to do this on Sunday.

Later EM-5 software has a re-scaled values set also.

Thank you Ross,
I bought a new sensor before I realized the original was a 2 bar. I also have a new connector already.

E-mail has been sent. (and there is no rush over the holiday)

Worked like a charm. New sensor installed with new connector and changed settings in the SDS. Now the sensor is matching another MAP sensor and the altimeter.

Now I can get on with some Timing/MAP/RPM tuning.

Thanks,

Back