What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Page 26-08 Step 10

JDA_BTR

Well Known Member
I'm about to rivet on the F-10415-L doubler and the illustration shows a dotted line box around 16 rivets that I think need to be set, but then it says AN470AD4-4, 2 PL. Two isn't 16. Maybe they mean two sides?

I looked ahead, way ahead and can't see a reason to not set all 16. Anyone?

2pl

I'm thinking that maybe the "2pl" refers to the fact that there are 2 areas enclosed by the dashed lines......

different call-outs on 26-08 rev0

PS

I have a Van's CD which has page 26-08 labeled Revision 0 dated 5/1/14 which has the callout as 16X AN470AD4-4

On Van's current web service info for sec 26 has page 26-08 as (still) revision 0, but dated 03/03/15 with the callout as 2X AN470AD4-4

Not sure how these revisions get cycled....

I think it's only two rivets

I'm not up to this section yet, but the preceding steps (8 and 9) refer to the two holes that you match drill #30 and the picture only has dotted lines to those two holes.

If they intended you to set 16 rivets there would be dotted lines everywhere on that picture.

That's my guess based on previous instances.

The current revision outlines two eight rivet sections, a left and a right. They have an arrow to one of the eight rivet sections saying two places. They intend for you to do each eight rivet section for sixteen rivets total. The 16x callout has been removed.

I did this piece awhile ago so I know it's fine.

I looked at it so long. It has to be right to rivet the whole thing based on later steps. But the plans are so right a small omission leaves you hanging sometimes!!!!

Back