What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

EFII Fuel Pressure Sensor Location

sbalmos

Well Known Member
Hi fellow EFII'ers. :eek: Where are you all mounting and connecting your fuel pressure sensors? In the fuel system diagram, it's supposed to be between the pumps and the second filter. I'm guessing you're doing something different than mounting the sensor in one of the 3 ports on a sensor manifold from Vans? Do you have the sensor inside the cabin in the center tunnel, teeing right off the pumps' outlet? Just figuring out this last piece of fuel system layout. Thanks!

Found it.

Check the site and look at their fuel pump page. Says:

"?Fuel pressure sender can be mounted directly on any unused output port."

Lo and behold, Robert also has a new website it looks like. :D *facepalm* The other corollary is that yes, Virginia, you really can remove that plug next to the existing output fitting and screw in the sensor there. Always the simple things... :rolleyes: Thanks!

UPDATE - Wrong location

For sake of updating my own thread for others' future reference... This was the wrong location for the pressure sensor. The sensor should be mounted into the port on the bottom of the pressure regulator that is plugged off. Mounting the pressure sensor at the pump manifold meant me removing a banjo bolt that is actually what holds pump 2's output end in place. Without the banjo bolt, the pump was free to spray fuel through the slight opening between it and the o-ring. A few "I am stupid" emails to Robert today proved such. Another testament to great customer service - he's mailing me a new bolt and o-rings.

For future reference for others who don't know any better. ;)

Back