What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Snorkel Issues??

drone_pilot

Well Known Member
Does anyone know if Vans is having issues with their horizontal induction snorkels? I have an IO-360-A1A and getting close to the finish line. I ordered a Snorkel from Vans over the weekend and got a call today that it was on hold pending review. I asked the lady what the issue was but she had no idea and told me to contact Vans Support in something like 3 hours. She said it could be 3-4 months before I could receive shipment! Yikes! I hoped to be flying in 3 or less. Are there any other alternatives out there? Meanwhile I'll make contact with Vans support and get the scoop.

Does anyone know if Vans is having issues with their horizontal induction snorkels? I have an IO-360-A1A and getting close to the finish line. I ordered a Snorkel from Vans over the weekend and got a call today that it was on hold pending review. I asked the lady what the issue was but she had no idea and told me to contact Vans Support in something like 3 hours. She said it could be 3-4 months before I could receive shipment! Yikes! I hoped to be flying in 3 or less. Are there any other alternatives out there? Meanwhile I'll make contact with Vans support and get the scoop.

Contact tech support... I think there was a miscommunication somewhere....

False alarm. Vans changed the part number because they did some modifications to make it compatible with the RV-14 also. No design holds, the snorkel shipped today!

Back