What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Almost finished!

Mike Coady

Well Known Member
I haven't been on here in a while. I finished my build of my RV 7A and first flight was September 2014. I flew it until now logging about 125 hrs in her but finally had to park it long enough to get her painted. It's going to be done, if there is such a thing. 6 1/2 yrs for me. What a great accomplishment! I've contemplated another build, The RV10, maybe. Follow this post over the next two weeks and I'll pass on a link to view my plane in its final state. It's been grand this adventure! Thanks to Vans and staff for the project of a lifetime. Stay tuned and don't give up. It's worth every minute of the hard work!
Mike

Most excellent, Mike! It seems like a lot of people plan to paint their RVs right after completion, but plans change when they're having so much fun flying. :D:D

I plan to do as you, Mike. Fly for a while then paint. Hopefully later this year on the flying.

Keep moving forward

Keep building a little every day if possible and you'll reach a goal that very very few get to enjoy, flying the plane YOU built! And the plane YOU get to leave the surly bonds of earth from for the first time!
Only when you experience it will you know.
Stay focus on the goal and keep moving forward, it is sooooo worth it!
Mike

Back