What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Duckworks installation instructions

Hi all,
i got my duckworks leading edge LED kit today but it didn't have instructions with it, it had a few templates and an exploded view but no instructions, does anyone have a copy of this that could be emailed through or know where i could download this?
cheers

I have instructions that could be scanned and email - but - they are for the old incandescent light. They may be the same . . . may not, but you are welcome to a copy.

lanewsjr at gmail dot com

An email to Duckworks will get you a current PDF copy of the installation instructions.

Not to highjack. But our instructions, which are on line and available for all installations, will not work.
Our leading edge landing light mount is quite different. Its modular, with individual sliding adjustable components to allow for differences in rib distance between models, and between builders in older non-prepunched kits.
You can see the modular adjustable sliding pieces here.
http://teamaerodynamix.com/shop/aviation-lighitng/kits-landing-light-leading-edge/kit-landing-light-kit-for-par36-led-lights-no-light

The hole mount locations for the ribs is in the same location. This allows you swap out older mounts that may have rectangular lights, or others. Our mount is a direct replacement for those and lets you easily convert from the rectangular lights to the more modern LED round PAR36 lights.

Hi all,
i got my duckworks leading edge LED kit today but it didn't have instructions with it, it had a few templates and an exploded view but no instructions, does anyone have a copy of this that could be emailed through or know where i could download this?
cheers

Yea I had the same issue. Emailed with question but no response.

Are you doing your condition inspection in that same -6F hangar? Yikes.

In the hangar I'm in now, it's insulated and a couple of kerosene heaters can eventually heat it up to 35 or so, which actually feels quite toasty.

Still, most of the actual construction -- winter time actual construction -- of the plane was done in an uninsulated hangar with a tiny Buddy heater to unthaw fingers; it had no impact on the ambient temp in the place.

It still blows me away I did that. But, while the mind blocks out trauma, I remember that as being more pleasant than working upside underneath the panel on a hot and humid July day.

If you email us at [email protected], I will do my best to help anybody with any questions. Sometimes I am not super fast at responding as Duckworks is not my primary business, but I try my best to answer all emails that come in.

Thank you,
Richard from Duckworks!!!

I installed the Baja Designs Squadron Pro light -AWSOME - Just removed the lens and used the ring as a template to mark the cutout. I made the LE Lens - bought a small sheet of lexan for $nil and heated with a heat gun pressed it into the inside of the wing before cutting the landing light hole I wanted. simple. The mount is easy - make it slightly adjustable and hangs between the two ribs. The whole thing took about 1.5 hours to make from the time I opened the Baja light box. It even comes with a weatherpack connector. Electrical demand is about 3A as I recall

Back