What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Finishing Kit

gafitts

Getting ready to order my -8 finishing kit and Ive herd some people in the past going with a low profile canopy and a different cowling than Vans. Also if there is anything else in the Finish Kit that would be better off bought some where else. Any info on this?
Gregg

canopy and other finishing kit deletes

I didn't order the tires, tubes or axles from Van's as I went with upgraded Michelin tires/tubes and Grove axles and brakes as a personal choice. I already had the Grove landing gear which is a popular RV-8 choice, so I couldn't use the fiberglass landing gear fairing. I upgraded to the lightweight tail wheel so deleted the standard Van's part there too...and the prop I am using comes with a spinner so I deleted that as well. I am happy with all of those choice.

However, I didn't order a canopy with my finishing kit because I was going with a 3rd party manufacturer...but that didn't work out. So, when you get closer to ordering, since you are so close to me, I will share some of your shipping cost (and pay for the canopy, of course) if you have one sent for me in your finishing kit.

ok
just ordered it last Thursday. I also went with a different tailwheel from J D Air
I think.I was told Vans use better brakes now so I kept them. Yes we can share some of the shipping

Low Profile canopy

Just curious....your low profile canopy. What vendor are you using and do you have some gouge to share on it?

Thanks

Back