What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Intro and question

Djgeib

Hi all,
I am the proud owner of a new RV8 empennage kit SN83603. It arrived the first week of November and I've been having a great learning experience as I sift through the plans. Must admit I get a little apprehensive each time I have to make a cut or a bend. But so far I am proud of the little bit of work I have accomplished. Just finished with the bends and counter sinking in the HS810/814 and the dimples in the HS702's.
My question has to so with the notches the instructions say to put in HS00006 rib to fit around the HS810/814. Does anyone have a picture of how they did this. I'm a bit confused as to how much to take off.
Thanks

Welcome to VAF!

Doug, welcome aboard the good ship VAF:D

And, happy almost birthday....

I finished my RV-8 empennage awhile back (except for fiberglass) and I have two builder's websites. There are links to each in my signature section. The KitLog Pro site is a daily build record; the blogspot blog goes into more detail and covers other related topics. I was pretty detailed with each one, so a little research may answer your questions on how I did it.

Hi all,
I am the proud owner of a new RV8 empennage kit SN83603. It arrived the first week of November and I've been having a great learning experience as I sift through the plans. Must admit I get a little apprehensive each time I have to make a cut or a bend. But so far I am proud of the little bit of work I have accomplished. Just finished with the bends and counter sinking in the HS810/814 and the dimples in the HS702's.
My question has to so with the notches the instructions say to put in HS00006 rib to fit around the HS810/814. Does anyone have a picture of how they did this. I'm a bit confused as to how much to take off.
Thanks

Very good to hear. It has been to long now and I can't remember the numbers and placement of these parts. I will see if I can get out to the hangar before the end of the weekend, but for now. I know it is scary for the new builder with most of the little things you have to get used to in the beginning. Your on the right track and it will get better as time goes on. most of these little items in the tail are easy to fix or replace if you make a boo-boo. It will seem very slow at first, but you will get used to it and do just fine. Good work and hope to see you up and going in a few years or whatever it takes. Yours, R.E.A. III #80888

Thanks for the help. Making some progress. Will attempt to up load some pictures to see how it works

i-XHChZQm
[/IMG]

Back