What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

"Unusual Attitude"

ChiefPilot

Well Known Member
One of my favorite pictures of N164BL to date. Need to check six more.

39017936855_97e2b92da2_b.jpg

sure don't see anything unusual in that pict... another day of normal RV flying, no?

This got me thinking, are there laser tag setups that can be mounted on an RV?

That would be fun and easy to build .. although I would be scared to put it out there for fear it would lead to a mid-air .. wouldn't want that on me

That would be fun and easy to build .. although I would be scared to put it out there for fear it would lead to a mid-air .. wouldn't want that on me

I thought about that but suspect unqualified people are dogfighting anyway. At least with a laser setup, you can keep your distance and break-off before getting close.

At least with a laser setup, you can keep your distance and break-off before getting close.

Yep, low cost LiDAR would do, you could set a minimum distance for the hit to be counted, maybe that would keep pilots away from each other. Really would be easy to build. Scary :p

Yep, low cost LiDAR would do, you could set a minimum distance for the hit to be counted, maybe that would keep pilots away from each other. Really would be easy to build. Scary :p

If someone gets in your control zone and stays there, it’s pretty easy for both sides to tell who is the victor. Head mount cameras also provide proof and additionally provide information for the debrief in relation to ROE questions and opportunities for improvements.

No one is thinking about trying any of this without a set of defined and reviewed RoE, right?

Last edited:
Back