VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 04-20-2018, 02:17 PM

Default Left elevator stiffener trimming?

I am working on my left elevator stiffeners. In the plans it says to trim E-720 J,K,L. Iím assuming the measurements are in inches? If I trim by the specified amount it would remove the aft holes on each stiffener. The leangh of the stiffeners are supposed to be the same as the right elevators stiffeners? Correct?
Old 04-20-2018, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort04 View Post
I am working on my left elevator stiffeners. In the plans it says to trim E-720 J,K,L. Iím assuming the measurements are in inches? If I trim by the specified amount it would remove the aft holes on each stiffener. The leangh of the stiffeners are supposed to be the same as the right elevators stiffeners? Correct?
If I remember correctly you are just supposed to connect the dots and trim off the excess. They should fit without further modification. If you have to cut off a hole i think something is messed up.
Old 04-20-2018, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma015 View Post
If I remember correctly you are just supposed to connect the dots and trim off the excess. They should fit without further modification. If you have to cut off a hole i think something is messed up.
Yeah is agree, Iím just not sure what unit of measurement the plans are using to trim the stiffeners. I compared them to the right and now understand where the trimming needs to be. Thanks for the response!
Old 04-20-2018, 03:44 PM

I've only seen inches and fractions of an inch. Other people might have seen something differently.

Dave