VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 05-09-2018, 11:06 AM

Default Antenna install

I have a RV 6 with a SL 30, D180 and a garmin 106 head. I am adding a GNS 430W. I plan on splitting the VOR/LOC- GS antenna with a CI-1125 that is there for the SL30. I will add the GPS 35 antenna for the GNS 430W. Just wondering if there were any concerns for doing so. Itís not the cost or time involved just donít want to turn it into a octopus!
Old 05-16-2018, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D View Post
I have a RV 6 with a SL 30, D180 and a garmin 106 head. I am adding a GNS 430W. I plan on splitting the VOR/LOC- GS antenna with a CI-1125 that is there for the SL30. I will add the GPS 35 antenna for the GNS 430W. Just wondering if there were any concerns for doing so. Itís not the cost or time involved just donít want to turn it into a octopus!
no problem at all, most production aircraft are wired exactly that way. 1 nav antenna and a splitter.

bob burns
RV-4 N82RB
Old 05-16-2018, 09:22 AM

The SL-30 has an internal splitter for VOR/GS, so no need for the CI-1125. It has one COM and one NAV antenna connector. I think the 430 is the same, with the addition of the GPS antenna connector, but you should be able to split it a single NAV antenna using the CI-1125.
PlanePower Alt, FlightLines Interior, James cowl & plenum
All lines by TSFlightLines
NSDQ

"The object of the game, gentlemen, is not to cheat death: the object is not to let him play."
Patrick Poteen, Sgt. U.S. Army
Old 05-16-2018, 09:27 AM

You typically would need a splitter and a diplexer. The splitter will go from the antenna, then to the SL30 and towards the 430. The Diplexer will go between the splitter and the 430 to separate Nav/VOR and Glideslope.
RV Hotel (hangar, room, car) at X35 in north FL

Commercial ASEL/S A&P/IA EAA Technical Counselor

Dynamic Prop Balancing, Prebuy Inspections, Condition Inspections, Repairs and Mods, Injector Tuning, Airframe, Engine, Panel Upgrades, Ferrying, etc.