What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hangar space South Florida

algrajek

Well Known Member
Moving to the Ft. Lauderdale area soon and I am looking for anyone with space to share in the area. FXE, Pompano, DelRay, wherever
Thanks
Al

believe it or not but some people are driving to air glades to hangar there for cheap. about an hour drive. :confused:
IMG_0501.jpg

Mine was $600 /mo but very convenient. FXE is a nice airport to be based. Not much hanger side community from what I saw in the 3 years I was there though.

believe it or not but some people are driving to air glades to hangar there for cheap. about an hour drive. :confused:

It should not be confusing, I do it.

PMP sent me a brochure about some new hangars they were building. For 1,000/month. Fuel is 4.40-5.10. There is a tower. Have to fly out over the water to do acro.

FXE had a wait list a mile long and it was over 700/mth, fuel is 4.90-6.56. A tower and I did some training there and you spend a long time taxiing and holding. To do acro I had to either fly to the water or out over the everglades.

HWO the best I could find was 600/mth in a shared hangar, fuel is 4.09. Have a tower, pretty nice controllers let you get away with a lot. Acro again had to fly out over the water.

Hangars at Airglades are 250/month after tax. This includes the electric and hydraulic swing up doors. They have hangars available or a short waiting list. Fuel is 3.41. I can start up and by the time I make the runway take off. I have an aerobatic box located one mile from the airport. I can be doing acro less than a min after takeoff. Oh, I had both of my planes in that one hangar.

I looked around and hangars were easily double and fuel was a dollar more per gallon. Lots of guys to include some flight schools fly out to 2IS and tanker back.

1000.00 to 600.00 a month! shesh! I thought my 330.00 at KMEV was high.....guess not.

FXE

Years ago one of the problems at FXE was not aviation use of the T hangars. There were plenty of non aviation people willing to pay the price. People I knew then that shared a three airplane box hangar moved to Boca.

Back