What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

How is Groton Ct

togaflyer

Well Known Member
Anyone with experience with KGON. My grandkids, oh and their parents :), are relocating to that area, so we will be making routine trips there. Also open to other options. Thanks......

How is the FBO there. We will be spending several days at a time there, so just want to make sure it’s not a “got you” FBO, like how your typical Signature Aviation operates. Also on a side note, overflying NY cities class B airspace’s on an IFR, do you get vectored a lot.

Also on a side note, overflying NY cities class B airspace?s on an IFR, do you get vectored a lot.

Depends on what altitude. I?m based in the area and i fly in the NY airspace all the time. Controllers are very accommodating. I have not gotten vectored all that much. If its VFR as you?re coming into the area, i?d Recommend flying up the Hudson. Pretty cool experience. I usually fly the ?Skyline Route?, which is through the Bravo airspace.

Transiting the NY Class B VFR is a piece of cake, controllers are great, they usually take you right overhead, and will pretty much give you direct wherever. IFR is another story, they will route you WELL clear of the arrival and departure corridors. The VFR corridor up the Hudson is a stunning ride. Bring life jackets.

Depends on what altitude. I?m based in the area and i fly in the NY airspace all the time. Controllers are very accommodating. I have not gotten vectored all that much. If its VFR as you?re coming into the area, i?d Recommend flying up the Hudson. Pretty cool experience. I usually fly the ?Skyline Route?, which is through the Bravo airspace.

What is the "Skyline Route" through the NY Class B? Details please.

Back