What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Recent QB Fuse builders - Double check 29-6 Step 7

ERushing

Well Known Member
Still inspecting my QB Fuse after finally completing the QB Wing riveting this weekend!

Came across an error that might be easy to miss in your inspection. Check the angle aluminum pieces (F-10102 A & B) running under the F-1046-L longeron at the top of the baggage door. They are supposed to be trimmed to 3/8". Mine were attached without removing the material as called out in step 7 and are the full 3/4". I'm going to try to carefully cut those pieces flush with the top of the baggage door rather than removing ~20+ rivets to cut them on the bandsaw.

Just something to check.

fyi, your F-1046-R is probably going to be to long too. I managed to slip some scrap behind it and trim it with a cut-off wheel. Also found two missing rivets and trying to figure out why they didn't go ahead and rivet the F-1023 angles in place. ;)

Lynn

Got the 10102 A&B trimmed last night. A 15 minute job turned into a two hour PITA.

My F-1046's appear to be just fine but my 1013-L is 1/16" too long. So... I'll have to drill out the skin rivets enough to get a piece of scrap between the angle and the skin and trim that last 1/16" off.... Another PITA

Back