What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

QB Fuse - Baggage Floor Angle Riveting?

ERushing

Well Known Member
Page 29-16, Step 9 for QB Fuse - Riveting the Baggage Floor Angles.

Any advice as to how you riveted these angles? I can squeeze about half the rivets and buck a few more but the forward-most 3 rivets look to be very challenging. I can't see how I can get a bucking bar in there with out removing the adjacent floor rib. I'm thinking of just using blind rivets and filling them at paint.

Any advice would be appreciated!
Thank you!
Eric

Looks like we're in about the same spot. I was able to shoot all but the forward 3 using a small tungsten bucking bar on the left and all but two on the right. I then pop riveted the Right ones I couldn't shoot with MK319BS rivets, I then screwed up thinking I could do the same on the left and now I'm looking for guidance on that side.

Lynn

I was able to shoot all but the forward-most rivet on both the left and right side using the small rectangular tungsten bucking bar covered in a lot of gorilla tape to protect everything. (the surface contacting the rivet was bare.)

I will either use a blind rivet on the forward-most hole or use a dulled chisel backed by a heavier bar a bit aft of the rivet.

Back