What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hangar Space Wanted, Ashsville, 3-4 Nov

johnp19

Hello,

I am looking for some hanger space at AVL on the weekend of 3 and 4 November for my RV-8. The plan is to fly in on Saturday 3 Nov and leave on the evening of 4 Nov or on Monday 5 Nov. My wife and I are going on a train excursion on Sunday with shuttle pickup from Weaverville. Unfortunately there are not a lot of airports to choose from in the area.

I would like to avoid Signature and their less than GA friendly rates. If you have any space available that you would care to part with please let me know.

Thank you,

John

Hendersonville

Try contacting the Hendersonville (OA7) airport, south of Asheville, for any shelter availability.

Do you really need a hangar? Ramp tiedowns at AVL are $12 per night plus a $29 handling fee, which is waived with 7 gallons of fuel purchased. Self-serve qualifies at $5.13. Security and facility fees still apply, but I think they're only $5 or $10. They have large communal hangars, but I don't know what Signature charges for those. You could call them and ask. (828) 687-7110. Signature has a rental car desk right in the lobby. I have a hangar there but doubt that two planes will fit.

Back