What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon Auto-Pilot Knob Module and Auto-Pilot Control Module

pilotyoung

Well Known Member
Does anyone have the metal template for the above modules that you are willing to sell or loan?

My RV-12 has the conversion wiring harness (the finish kit was shipped before 2012) and Van's won't give me any help in installing these modules so I am buying them from another source. But I would really like to use the metal template to make the holes in the panel.

I should say that the Van's people at Sun 'N Fun were helpful in talking about the project and reviewing the wiring diagram with me. But they said since they have never installed them in a RV-12 with a conversion wiring harness that they can't help me further. Please understand that I am not bad-mouthing Van's. Two of the Van's people spent at least 30 minutes with me at Sun 'N Fun discussing this project. I am just explaining why I need to get the metal template from another source.

I bought my RV-12 in February. I just finished a upgrade project installing the Dynon knob module, auto-pilot control module, GPS-2020, ADS-B In 472, and the AOA install kit. This was my first project, other than replacing the D1000T with the HDX and I have never built an airplane. I have to commend both Van's and Dynon support staffs. They both provided excellent help and all the people were very patient with my questions and provided the help I needed. I can't say enough good things about both the Van's and Dynon people. Thank you to all of them

I'm going to Oshkosh. I was planning on flying and then the Service Bulletin came out on the prop. If I can get it done in time, I will fly.

Back