What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8 in Wisconsin?

mike-h

I'm New Here
Hello everyone, I've become increasing interested in owning an RV-8. Really like the idea of a FUN airplane instead of the 'ole boring sedans of the air. Problem is I'm a pretty big guy, 6'4 and 240. I'm curious if anyone in Wisconsin with an RV-8 would be nice enough to let me climb in one and see how the fit is. The last few times I've been to Oshkosh, Van's didn't bring along an RV-8 and I personally don't know anyone who has one. I'm located in the Waukesha area, but would be happy to meet you where ever. Thanks in advance! -Mike

There is at least one in Madison, try posting on the VAF Facebook group, not sure that they are here.

RV-8

Morning.. I have an RV-8 based at Timmerman (KMWC) and live in Shorewood. You'd be welcome to see/sit in my unpainted airplane after 10/2/16. Send a PM or call 414-332-7897 if you'd like to arrange that. Thanks. Bill

Hello everyone, I've become increasing interested in owning an RV-8. Really like the idea of a FUN airplane instead of the 'ole boring sedans of the air. Problem is I'm a pretty big guy, 6'4 and 240. I'm curious if anyone in Wisconsin with an RV-8 would be nice enough to let me climb in one and see how the fit is. The last few times I've been to Oshkosh, Van's didn't bring along an RV-8 and I personally don't know anyone who has one. I'm located in the Waukesha area, but would be happy to meet you where ever. Thanks in advance! -Mike

Hi Mike, and welcome to VAF.

If you don't hook up with Bill I'm in Madison.

Veetail88

Try checking with Jesse. He has an RV8 that is hangared in East Troy, WI.
We are having a EAA Chapter 18 fall picnic on this Sunday in Burlington. Don't know if Jesse will be there or not but there is a good possibility.

As long as your at Timmerman you could take a hop in my 7A. My brother is bigger than you and he fits in mine. 505-803-2269

Paul

I second the plug for Chapter 18. We have a couple of "bubba-sized" RV-8 drivers in the chapter as well as many other RVs and other homebuilts. I'll PM you some info.

I second the plug for Chapter 18. We have a couple of "bubba-sized" RV-8 drivers in the chapter as well as many other RVs and other homebuilts. I'll PM you some info.

Hey! I resemble that remark! Lol!

I'm going to try to get to the picnic tomorrow and would be happy to let you hop in. I can get the tool bag and other extraneous stuff out and take you for a short flight too if it all works out.

Thanks everyone! I'm actually out of town this weekend but will do my best to make it to the chapter meeting later this month. Perhaps I'll be able to connect with a few of you while there and see what we can come up with. Hope to meet you soon!
-Mike

Back