What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Savvy Analysis

Harvey

Well Known Member
After building 5 aircraft and now fully retired, I wanted to do some travelling rather than spend time building again, so I was keeping very casual eye out for a nice simple VFR RV at a reasonable price. As it turned out, I was very lucky and acquired a lovely, low-time and well equipped RV8 about a month ago. For me, it was so much different to my RV6 and RV9A that initially I thought I had made a mistake. Anyway after persevering, things started to come together and now I absolutely love it. It is fitted with an Advanced Flight Systems 4500 EFIS and the amount of information available is something else, but what I really like is the ability to simply download via its SD card all the flight and engine information onto my computer. Once downloaded, I log into the SavvyAnalysis website, upload the date and can view various aspects of the flight for FREE.
Things like airspeed, track, altitude, RPM, CHT, EGT, oil T & P, fuel flow, MP....the list goes on. I really like the ability to select which items to compare on the graph. Just brilliant. I feel like a race engineer for Formula 1 or MotoGP. I had a few questions on some aspects, and via email 'spoke' to a guy called Chris who was really helpful, as was Shawn at AFS. I learnt that SavvyAnalysis provides technical advise for its 'Pro' version based on the information supplied, and have a large database for RVs and you can compare your own engine's temps and pressures etc against what other similar units reporting. It is called a 'Report Card' for obvious reasons, and whilst still in Beta mode, I found it very useful. If you are bit of a tech head and love pouring over all the available data that is now available at our fingertips, you might want to check this out. Seems like most EFIS systems are catered for.

savvy

I used the basic free for a bit but gave the paid version a try.
Over the last couple years the "stress test"flying data that you send in has helped me find a very minor mag issue and a bad plug before any issues or down time. It is a very good program and well worth it. Chump change in the scope of aviation spends and to know that all data is tested several ways and all is functioning well and have any anomalies even if minor noted with comments is just amazing.

I used Savvy to manage my Cirrus and now use their Pro analysis since I moved up to my RV-6A. Had great experiences with both services. They are fully worth the cost. They can read the complicated (for me) engine monitor data coming out of the G3X and zero in on problems and conditions I did not realize I had.

Back