What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GTX 345 Installation

Berchmans

Well Known Member
I am installing the Garmin GTX 345 with ADS-B in and out. Aircraft is equipped with Dynon FlightDEK 180 using the 1/4 inch pitot/static tubing system with quick disconnect fittings. Does anyone know what fitting I need to flange up with the nylon fitting on the Garmin's static source to adapt to a quick disconnect fitting?

I am installing the Garmin GTX 345 with ADS-B in and out. Aircraft is equipped with Dynon FlightDEK 180 using the 1/4 inch pitot/static tubing system with quick disconnect fittings. Does anyone know what fitting I need to flange up with the nylon fitting on the Garmin's static source to adapt to a quick disconnect fitting?

Hello Burke,

The static port connection for the Garmin Altitude Encoder (GAE) option for the GTX 345 uses 1/8-27 ANPT female threads.

A wide range of plumbing fitting options are available to adapt to your existing static tube plumbing.

Thanks,
Steve

Installation complete

I have finished installation of my GTX 345, had a successful test flight and applied for rebate. I have one question regarding installation however if anyone can answer. Everything works except the traffic warning light. I flew close enough to another aircraft equiped with ADS-B to activate the audio warning but the light did not eluminate. I have the light powered from pin 21 with power in from the bus on both 21 and 42. The other light lead is connected to pin 15...thoughts?

Back