VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 11-13-2017, 10:16 PM

Default FS: RV7 Empennage Kit, Almost Untouched (SE Texas/Houston)

First, no...it did not flood.

Ordered in 2011, and haven't had the time to make much progress -- and the better half wants a plane, so its time to buy a plane for now... Yay, sort of. I'll be back to build some day.

Other than unpacking, only about 3 parts have been made. A great way to do it all yourself for a reduced price...and it would be cheap even to get those parts new from Vans to start from scratch.

Includes the Electric Trim Kit option. Will include the parts organizers and such that all the hardware and small pieces are sorted into, etc.

Obviously easier for everyone to pickup locally -- and you're welcome to come inspect, etc. (Or let me know if you would like any specific pics.)

I think it was right about $2,300 new -- looking for about $1,500. PM or email please.

It's an emp kit, like any other:

This is as far as I got -- these parts were taken apart and never riveted together, other than the bearing assembly. The little bit of completed metal work is all done with a DRDT-2 dimpler and a pneumatic squeezer.

....believe or not, that cheap Ryobi drill was much better aligned with less slop in the drive chain than the little Bosch micro-drill I got for this purpose. Oh well.
-Rick Greer, VAF #2492
Renting out of KEFD & KAXH
Old 11-15-2017, 08:22 AM

Default PM Sent

I'm interested and will be in Houston soon, check your PMs.