VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 10-31-2017, 07:05 AM

Default RV4 (Pilot / Pax) Harnesses

Just spent a week flying / teaching acro in a students airplane (it wasn't an RV) that was outfitted with Hooker Harnesses - specifically a ratchet to 'suck' me down into the seat - wow, was that nice.

I called Hooker yesterday and even though they make belts for the RV4, they don't make one (yes, they'll make a custom one - that's why I'm posting this - but they only make a 7 pt harness with a ratchet) that includes a ratchet.

...so, is anyone out here using a ratchet style harness in their RV4? How (or where?) did you attach it? Do you like it? Suggestions for improvement? Could you post some pics?

I'm considering adding one 'in-line' with the Vans 4 pt harness I'm currently using. ...which may interfere with my 'manual' flap lever. ...TBD.

thx, m.
Old 10-31-2017, 03:14 PM

I have one from Crow Enterprise (advertiser here). It is something he is trying to develop. I have not been able to installed it yet.
West Coast Ravens
VAF 2017 paid VAF 704
The information that I post is just that; information and my own personal experiences. You need to weight out the pros and cons and make up your own mind/decisions. The pictures posted may not show the final stage or configuration. Build at your own risk.
Old 10-31-2017, 05:21 PM

The ratchets are great, and I wanted to put one in during the build. However, the attach points need to be straight down from your hip to pull you down.
I went with the standard hooker harness, and can't complain about it. If I were doing negative g maneuvers, then I'd miss the ratchet.
RV-4 #2750
N654ML
IO-360 200HP
WW150C Prop
1018 lbs
Flying
Old 11-01-2017, 06:24 AM

Default Crow Enterprises

Thx AX-O, I'll give the 'Crow' guys a call.

MH - ...agreed! ...and that's why I want one .