Originally Posted by 12vaitor
Is the POH part of the Van's RV-12 ELSA ASTM configuration? If so, that would imply that the POH is incorporated by reference in the OLs ("If relying on the manufacturer's data, the aircraft must conform to the manufacturer's design and be maintained to manufacturer's instructions."). That would also indicate modifying the POH for any IFR mods made after the original ELSA SAWC and OLs are issued.
It does have to comply for the certificate to be issued. But once the AWC is issued, you, your neighbor or anyone else may make modifications to both the aircraft and/or any flight manual you may have produced.
- RV-12 N975G, SN 120840, Build in progress...finally on the finishing kit, so, something like 90% done and 90% left to go.
- 1975 B58 Baron, N1975G (a bottomless money pit that makes building an RV look like lunch money, but it's a great airplane, hauls the family and my wife likes two engines...go figure)
- 1961 A33 Debonair, N433JC (R.I.P.)
- RV7A; didn't finish it and donated to kid's club
- Zenith CH601XL; flying somewhere in Louisiana https://youtu.be/wa_Y_A_rP_8