- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 10-23-2017, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvbuilder2002 View Post
Correct... the OP said for his "14A"
I was highlighting this fact for anyone else (like me) who didn't realize that the steps weren't included with the 14. I added some nut plates to the step cover plates in case I wanted to use steps. I'm not sure how high of a step it is to get up on the wing of a straight 14.
Old 10-23-2017, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwthompson67 View Post
I'm not sure how high of a step it is to get up on the wing of a straight 14.
Quite high but doable.
I think anyone not obsessed with the loss of 1 kt or so would probably appreciate them.

Scott McDaniels
Hubbard, Oregon
RV-6A (aka "Junkyard Special ")
Old 10-29-2017, 12:07 AM

Does anyone know if the intersection fairings are included in the kit? I don't even see them listed on VANs for the 14A.
Old 10-29-2017, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavafa View Post
Does anyone know if the intersection fairings are included in the kit? I don't even see them listed on VANs for the 14A.
If you mean gear leg.... yes they are included

Scott McDaniels
Hubbard, Oregon
RV-6A (aka "Junkyard Special ")
Old 10-29-2017, 09:51 AM

Quote:
If you mean gear leg.... yes they are included
Thank you Scott, yes that is what I had meant and hopefully the upper and lowers one. They are making things simpler by including much of these. I had to build my last set and it was time consuming.
Old 10-29-2017, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaVee47 View Post
I am also getting ready to order finishing kit so this a timely thread. I also did not know there were canopy options. Is there somewhere on the website I should have seen this? What other options are available that I donít know about? I have reviewed the pick list for the kit and cannot find that it includes seats. Maybe I just missed it? Does anyone know if Vans has made a throttle quadrant available yet? Sorry for all the questions and I guess I could just call Vans but yíall are way nicer.
Cheers
Greg Beckner
140366 emp and wings 95% finished, fuse 75% finished
I contacted Van's regarding a darker than standard tinted canopy and rear window for the -14 finishing kit. They referred me to Airplane Plastics in Dayton, OH. who produce their canopies. They will send and/or email samples of the various tints available. Ask for Becky. Great people.
Old 10-29-2017, 05:43 PM

Default Tailndragger step

Quote:
Quite high but doable.
I think anyone not obsessed with the loss of 1 kt or so would probably appreciate them.
Iím building the 14, and while at Oshkosh this year I both sat in and studied Vanís 14. Iím tall and the step up to the wingwalk is big. Doable for me, but a problem for almost anyone I will take flying. I was surprised at the cost, but ordered and installed them. Perfect fit. All it takes is one person stepping where you donít want them to... and then regret not having the step.

If you order them, order the hardware, too. Big as the price is, they come naked.