What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wheel and tire assembly

AirWolf

I am about to assemble the main whesls for my 9A, and when I pulled out the tubes, I noticed that there were two threaded portions on the valve stem, one near the tip, and another up near the tube. I am assuming that the nut near the tip off the stem goes on the inside of the wheel half with the hole for the valve stem, but I was not sure where the other nut and 'washer (not sure if it is really called a washer)' get located. Do both the nut and 'washer'go on the outside of the wheel, or does the nut go on the inside, and the 'washer' go on the outside?

Thanks!
Ron
RV-9A 90965

Wheel and Tire Assembly

Ron I ask the same question on the Yahoo group I was told you do not use them. I could not get them to work no matter what I did Wolfrv6

AirWolf said:
I am about to assemble the main whesls for my 9A, and when I pulled out the tubes, I noticed that there were two threaded portions on the valve stem, one near the tip, and another up near the tube. I am assuming that the nut near the tip off the stem goes on the inside of the wheel half with the hole for the valve stem, but I was not sure where the other nut and 'washer (not sure if it is really called a washer)' get located. Do both the nut and 'washer'go on the outside of the wheel, or does the nut go on the inside, and the 'washer' go on the outside?

Thanks!
Ron
RV-9A 90965

You take all the nuts and washers off and just use the bare valve stem. Make sure to put just a bit of air in and some tire talc to make the tube slip around in there. Then just be carefull not to pinch the tube as you bring the wheel halves together.

I just finished replacing both of my main tires and tubes after 280 hours and 2 years on the kit supplied tires.

Back