What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Follow the Sun. An RV adventure in England

Nice views.

Is that the Yorkshire/Northumberland/Lincolnshire coast line?

South Coast from what I can see. Poole Harbour, Southampton docks, Isle of White (the Needles rocks and lighthouse).

I'm not sure about the sands, possibly the Essex coast, but I'm willing to be corrected.

Lovely photography, thanks for sharing it. I'm almost homesick.

South Coast from what I can see. Poole Harbour, Southampton docks, Isle of White (the Needles rocks and lighthouse).

I'm not sure about the sands, possibly the Essex coast, but I'm willing to be corrected.

Lovely photography, thanks for sharing it. I'm almost homesick.

Hi Mark,

Mostly correct. The "shoreline" sands are along the coast of North Norfolk (hence the swoops to above 500' for the bird sanctuaries). The sand bars appear at low tide about 3/4 mile offshore at Hunstanton.

All the best, Richard

I like it. What kind of camera and where mounted on the airframe?

Thanks Vlad.

3 off Gopro Hero 2's (set 30 fps / wide / 1080p), A DJI Phantom 3 Drone, and a Sony HDR-AZ1

Cameras were on Gopro "surf" sticky mounts (the white ones) at the base of the tail wheel and covering the hole where I decided to remove the gascolator in the bottom cowl. I've made some metal mounts myself for the wing tips (there's 4 - top / bottom each side) and finally a suction mount in the top of the canopy.

It's edited on Abobe Premier Elements 10 and then rendered at 1920p x 1080p @ 30 fps using the H264 Mp4 Codec.

I've been trying to make flying films for several years - I got involved with media student projects recently and a lot of their knowledge has hopefully been rubbing off.

Here's the last stuff (Mat's Blog about Elliot's student project) - my bit starts about halfway through

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv0qbs2If_k

Cheers,

Richard

Back