What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Painter in SoCal &/or MO,ARK, OK

Bluelabel

Well Known Member
Had a change of plans with our painter. Looking for advice/feedback,comments/contacts for painters in the Southern California Area. Ideally within a few hours drive of San Diego. Which basically means Bakersfield and south. This would have to be an on Airport facility.

Also looking for the same in the Southwest Missouri, Northeast Arkansas, Southeast Oklahoma region. This could be an off airport facility.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
I used Artcraft. I'd post a photo of my plane, but I'm working on my phone right now. You can see it in my Virtual Hangar thread. The quality of the paint job is very good.

The price was great, the schedule was not... They had my plane for 4 months. A friend of mine has used them several times and suggested that I should have agreed to a price, then offered a bonus to hit a date. I also did all of my own disassembly and reassembly.

Give me a call or drop me a PM if you want to discuss any more details of my experience.

Paul
805-801-2971

Any Others?

Artcraft's price is quite steep.
How about out in the Missouri/Arkansas/Oak area? Where there's not the additional "sunshine tax" but into the price.....

I believe there is a good paint shop in Mena, Ark

Jack

Yeah.... Our friend Al used them for his 6. Had a bad experience. Price was reasonable, but, from what I hear, it was kind of a backwoods operation. At one point he thought that they had actually stolen his plane....:eek:

Last edited:
Artcraft's price is quite steep....

I was not happy with the original quote I received from Artctaft, so I told them what my budget was. They accepted with so little hesitation that I wish I have then a lower number. Tell them what you're willing to spend and they'll probably meet it.

Back