What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

How do I attach this bolt?

bryanflood

Well Known Member
Hey,

not sure what to do with this bolt. It looks like it needs a special narrow nut or something, not sure how I am going to get 1-3 threads past the nut. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bryan

Gotta be a defect. The grip length (distance from bottom of bolt head to beginning of threads) should be 3 11/16" for AN6-42 if I am reading my chart right. I'll bet yours measures longer. I think you can even see where the grip stops and the threads should go to, but don't.

Chris

It's a little hard to tell from the spec, but it seems that the threads must be at least 7/16" long on an AN6 bolt.

I just measured two that had cotter pin holes drilled. From the good thread at the root to the hole was 3/8" and to the tip end of the thread (from the root) was 1/2".

On mine, an MS21042 nut fit okay for length, and is an approved replacement to AN365 nuts.

I'd be tempted to call them and send yours back for a replacement.

Dave

Hey,

not sure what to do with this bolt. It looks like it needs a special narrow nut or something, not sure how I am going to get 1-3 threads past the nut. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bryan

Just thread it into one of these....it'll probably be ok........ ;)

a1776-4z-1d.jpg

Back