What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-4 plans

777Dave

Well Known Member
Just wondering if anyone out there in VAF world has a dusty old set of "4"
plans kicking around that they don't need? My airplane (flying) didn't come with a set and I could really use them for reference. I will pay shipping of course.

Thanks in advance. :eek:

RV 4 plans

My suggestion would be to buy Vans RV 4 preview plans. Cost was formerly about $55 which also gives the plans and construction manual in a compact letter size format

My suggestion would be to buy Vans RV 4 preview plans. Cost was formerly about $55 which also gives the plans and construction manual in a compact letter size format

I second that. There were no plans with my RV-4 and I contacted Van's for their suggestion on what plan set to get. They recommended the preview plans, which I purchased. They are in a standard 3 ring binder, very convenient, and have answered any question I have had about my plane.

Thanks for the suggestion... I actually have a preview set I was given but would like a full set. Mine is an older model 4, finished in 1991.

rv-4 plans

If I can find my old set you can have them. Recently moved will look this weekend and let you know.

Get new plans from vans

If you ever do any repairs or upgrades, I suggest that you consider ordering a new set of plans from Vans. During my rebuild project, I found it quite useful to have the latest drawings.

M

I have a full size set..unused.. your wellcome to them if you didn't get a set yet... Sheldon

I've also been looking for a set, but feel they should be a newer version as well. Does anyone know what a new full-size set sells for from Vans....and will they even sell a second set if you supply them the serial number and your builder certificate/owner transfer certificate is on file?

I've been doing all my repairs/upgrades from the preview set I bought, and sometimes the hand-written part numbers are hard to read since they are so small.

WoW!!

As usual, everyone is over the top helpful... gotta love this Forum!!! :D
I may end up wallpapering my entire house in RV4 plans! Wonder what the
wife would say??
I will advise when I have a set in my possesion.

Thanks again to all!

Back